Soooo the countdown is on… 9 days to go!! I’m hoping our little girl decides to arrive on the earlier side since 38+ weeks pregnant feels like a long enough time to me. I know everyone says to enjoy my last few days of peace and quiet (which I am) but I still really just want to meet her. :) Thankfully I have my weekly doctor’s appointment this morning so we’ll see what they say!
And in the meantime, let’s talk about food…
Here’s this weeks ‘What I Ate
Wednesday Last Saturday‘:
Peach greek yogurt + sliced banana topped with a fresh batch of super easy/healthy home-made Almond Butter Granola. I really need to start making granola on a regular basis! It takes just minutes to prepare and it’s so much healthier than the store-bought granola. I also had a cup of 1/2 decaf, 1/2 hazelnut coffee with coconut milk.
_ _ _ _
Almond Butter Granola
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup creamy almond butter
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons chia seeds
a few pinches of sea salt
Optional toppings: craisins, coconut flakes, almond slivers, chopped walnuts, etc.
1. – Preheat oven to 300 degrees and lightly spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. – Add almond butter and honey to a small bowl and microwave until creamy (about 30 seconds).
3. – In a large bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, chia seeds, vanilla extract, sea salt and almond butter/honey mixture. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
4. – Spread mixture on the baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
5. – Remove from oven and let cool completely. Add the optional toppings to the mix and enjoy! (I added craisins and coconut flakes to this batch of granola)
See… super easy, right? :)
A sandwich with home-made chicken salad (btw I never buy prepared chicken salad since it’s basically loaded with fatty mayo), cucumber slices (for the ‘crunch’ factor) and a slice of cheese. I also had fruit salad and water.
Too many triscuits to count….
Dinner + Dessert
Mike was away so I just picked up a salad with grilled salmon at a nearby cafe. The salad was pretty simple and included spinach, craisins, goat cheese + cucumbers with a light raspberry dressing on top. And the salmon had an herb seasoning on it. Yummm!
Since I can’t end the day without something chocolate-y, I had a tasty peanut butter chocolate chunk cookie (I forgot to take a pic’ but it looked similar to this cookie…)
and a chocolate frozen greek yogurt bar.
_ _ _ _
Do you make granola? What do you include with yours?
What’s on the menu for today?
On a separate note, does anyone know how to get rid of shin splints?! PLEASE SHARE :)
_ _ _ _
As always, thanks Jenn for hosting this weekly WIAW party!