I figured I’d do a post with the five things that have been happening in my life lately. They’re in no particular order and some are probably more exciting than others (#5 is a good one!). Alright, here we go…
1) I finally made the switch from a plastic water bottle to a glass water bottle.
I ended up getting the Life Factory water bottle and so far I LOVE it. Not only is a glass water bottle way better for you and the environment but everything just tastes so much better in a glass water bottle. Want more reasons to switch to glass? You should check out this blogger’s great post. :)
2) Coconut water is back in my life! A smoothie tastes so tropical and summer-y when it’s made with coconut water compared to milk as the base. My smoothie yesterday included spinach, frozen mango, strawberries, protein powder and coconut water.
3) Whole Food’s Coffee is back in my life as well. I usually stick with home-made coffee (to save $$$) but some days when I need a little treat (and break from cubicle life), I head over to the awesome coffee shop at WF’s. Yesterday I went with a decaf, almond milk latte.
4) Fitbit or Jawbone?? I’m excited to finally purchase a real pedometer but can’t decide which one to get. The Fitbit offers one with a display screen showing your steps but it also looks so BIG on your wrist. As for the Jawbone, it doesn’t have a display screen but it’s smaller and cuter. They both track your steps and your sleep so I guess I can’t go wrong with either of ’em?
If you want more information comparing the two, you should check out this article from the Huffington Post.
5) And last but definitely not least, I have a PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA recipe for you guys I made a very similar Peanut Butter Granola a while ago but I wanted to switch it up and make a sugar-less granola. So I got to work in the kitchen and in no time at all I had a super healthy, delicious and highly addictive granola (<– don’t say I didn’t warn ya ;))
Healthy Peanut Butter Granola
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- a couple pinches of sea salt
- 1 packet or scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Microwave the peanut butter for 20-25 seconds to soften it. Then combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl until mixed.
3. Spread evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes, stirring it halfway through.
4. Allow it to cool completely before storing in an airtight container in the fridge.
Ohhhh, I can’t wait to eat this deliciousness with my greek yogurt this morning!
_ _ _ _
Do you have a pedometer? If so, which type?
Any fun weekend plans? :)