(I swear I wear more than just gym clothes! :) I take these weekly pic’s on Saturday mornings which is also a workout day for me… )
How far along: 23 weeks and 2 days
Baby Size: A bunch of grapes – or about a foot tall and 1 1/4 lbs.
Total weight gain: 13-14 lbs
Maternity clothes: Yup, wearing a comfy pair of Gap maternity active pants in the picture above.
Sleep: Sleep is good…. not as many potty breaks.
Best moment this week: Mike and I had a Date Night last Friday which involved a trip to Babies R Us to register (wow, such an overwhelming experience!) and dinner out. :)
Miss anything: Booze & a hard, sweaty run!
Food cravings: Lots of sweets – fruits, chocolate, ice cream…. see below for more details. :)
Food aversions: Nope, nothing really.
Movement: Yes, finally!!! I’ve been feeling lots of flutters!
Pregnancy symptoms: I’m tired but feeling pretty good overall.
What I am looking forward to: Saturday! I have a prenatal yoga class in the morning and meeting up with my gf’s later in the day!
_ _ _ _
My Favorite ‘Healthy’ Desserts
As mentioned in every pregnancy update, I’ve been craving sweets like craaaazzzyyy. So in an effort to avoid the more sugary, high calorie desserts, I’ve been sticking with healthier yet delicious, alternatives! Here are a few of my favorites:
1. – Yasso – Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars: My favorite is the ‘Peanut Butter Cup’ flavor (which is only 130 calories and 6g of protein) but they also have dark chocolate raspberry, chocolate fudge, sea salt caramel, coconut and blueberry!
3. – Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding: Which is so easy to make! Just mix together 2 tablespoons chia seeds, 1/2 cup almond milk and 1 tablespoon cocoa in a small bowl and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Add honey for a little sweetness and top with chopped strawberries. Yummmm!
4. – 4 Ingredient Cookie
5. – A bowl of strawberries + dark chocolate chips
7. – Greek yogurt, granola + dark chocolate chips
8. – Ben & Jerry’s – Greek Frozen Yogurt: I especially love the tasty ‘Blueberry Vanilla Graham’ flavor.
9. – Dark Chocolate Almonds: Since these are so addictive, I have to count out 1 portion size and put the rest away (or I give them to my coworkers to hide from me. Hey, you gotta do, whatcha gotta do ;))
_ _ _ _
What are your favorite healthier desserts?
What are you craving lately?